vserver problem

Robert Nichols robert at formworkdesign.com
Wed May 16 20:49:26 CDT 2007

Ivan,

Thanks for your response.

I am using v4rb 2.5.10. Perhaps the problem is vserver 2.5.10? This
code worked with much earlier versions - vserver 2.0 and also when I
tested with 2.5.6. When I said the SQL search worked with Studio,
that is when I open the database as a local file. I can't seem to get
Studio to connect to vserver (ERROR 0x82514: Received packet's
version is inconsistent. ). Is Studio 3.0 able to connect to server
2.5.10?

Whole project is large with a lot of dependencies. Snippet follow:

  START CODE
   d = new cDate

   d.month = d.month-3
   ds = "slips.flddate > '" + d.shortdate + "' "

   s = "select slips.flddate,projects.fullname,exptypes.shortname, "
   s = s + "slips.description,slips.rate,slips.duration,slips.recid "
   s = s + "from slips,exptypes,projects where exp = 1 and "
   s = s + ds
   s = s  + "order by flddate desc"

   cur = new cvCursor
(s,evCursorLocation.kServerSide,evLockType.kNoLocks,evCursorDirection.kR
andom)

  END CODE

Obviously this code, which I believe is clean, could be having
trouble with the app's state established elsewhere, but I really
believe I haven't changed anything significant since AI had it
working with 2.5.6. I suspect v4rb or vserver