Assistance needed on query

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Mon May 14 05:29:11 CDT 2007

Hi List,

since I cannot test my SQL in VStudio (SQL editor crashing when
trying to open), I hope somebody could help me out why the following
query would give me as VException

"SEMANTIC ERROR".

While I do understand that this probably means that there is an error
in the semantics of the query, it isnt all that helpfull

This is the query giving me the problem:

     SELECT competence_cards.recid, '' AS
'mycompetenceid',competence_cards.competence_name FROM competence_cards
     JOIN my_competences ON 'compcards_to_my_competences' WHERE
competence_cards.profile_ptr = ? AND my_competences.recid = 1

There is an attached queryarguments array containing the string "1"
to replace the question mark

TIA

Bart Pietercil