Schema backwards compatibility

jda jda at his.com
Fri May 11 11:43:08 CDT 2007

>Are   you   expecting   some   exception   on   database.Open   using
>"not-corresponding" objects structure defined in "static-way"?

Hi Ivan,

Yes. I'm using the OO way.

I've found in the past that there must be strict concordance between
the table structure of the db being opened and the definition of the
table in the application.

>BTW,   SchemaVersion  might  be  used for this task.

I'm already using that.

To repeat, I'm quite happy if I can open a newer db that has a
modified table structure with an version of my app that expects a
different table structure. It's just now what I expected.

Jon