[V4MD] Greek character set problem Valentina-Director & picture insert problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 10 04:37:08 CDT 2007

On 4/5/07 3:49 PM, "Georgiu Konstantinos" <georgiu at cti.gr> wrote:

Hi Georgiu,

> And, why inserting into string field causes bad conversion and inserting
> into a text field works ok. I mean that when you insert from studio a
> string in greek it is utf. So retrieving it in director causes it to not
> appear correctly. On the other hand if I insert into a text field from a
> text file (which is in ansi format) then in director will appear
> correctly.

> Will indexing work in any case?

You say trouble with retrieving.

Please check in V4MD_Reference.pdf parameter

    Vdatabase.IOEncoding.

This is VERY important parameter when you work with V4MD and non-English
texts.

I remember that German developers did resolve any issues with umlauts as
only they have specify

    Vdatabase.IOEncoding = "German"