Keep on "destroying"

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Wed May 9 17:47:48 CDT 2007

Hi Bart,

On 2007-05-10, at 00:19, Bart Pietercil wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
> <CCS.rbp>

got it now

* created the db and did the usual steps and you're right, it didn't
shows in the list after restarting vStudio / the server / the
machine, BUT when you look inside the log, then "csb" as database is
written in lower case, but your filename is uppercase (I already
mentioned this in one of my previous mails!)

For all further steps you should stop vServer (i.e. using Activity
monitor) and start in Terminal, furthermore you should set verbose
level to minimum 2!

* First step: you need to get rid of this male registration! One way
delete master.vdb (I already ...) because you're not able to use
Server->unregister menu BUT (other way) I was able to unregister it
using the "Server admin ..." pane, THERE was "csb", selecting it,
unregister using the icon

(I needed to restart vStudio and my VServer to get this done, due to
series of kernel exceptions) But happily I didn't need to remover
master.vdb in this case

* second step change your code to

	f = GetSaveFolderItem("","csb.vdb")

LOWER case! and run your app

* diagnose the file while locally open (-> all right for me)

* copy to my server/databases folder

* start vStudio, connect to server as admin

* register "csb.vdb" - there is this "blank name entry" of the database

* quit VStudio, re-start VStudio and I was done!

If this doesn't help, I strongly recommend to re-read my previous mails

* remove everything valentina from your machine

* re-install V3.0 properly

* remove master.vdb

and then try again to register your db with above given steps

I really cross my fingers - and I think this uppercase / lowercase
issue is worth to be filed to mantis.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--