V4RB: Array-Fields?

Karl Grob kgrob at mus.ch
Wed May 9 16:05:46 CDT 2007

This is true for VStringArray (I found it later), but look at:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?
id=paradigma:public:en:documentation:vkernel:vfield:collections:array&s=
array

-----
Field Type - ARRAY

Column of this type is able contain ARRAY of values of any basic
numeric type supported by Valentina (bool, byte, short, ushort,
medium, umedium, long, ulong, llong, ullong, float, double, date,
time, datetime ).

Creation of Field ARRAY

To create in a table field of ARRAY type you need specify:

Name
Item Type
Storage Type
Optional - Max Size. If Size is not specified and storage type is:
VarBinary then is used max size to get 4K total
FixedBinary then is used size = 20.
Optional - Flags fNullable, fIndexed and fKeepSorted.
API:

tbl.CreateArray(
        "fldArray",        // filed name
         kTypeShort,       // item type
         kTypeVarBinary,   // storage type
         2044,             // max number of items
         fNullable + fIndexed + fSorted
);

-----

I do not need the VStringArray, I would be satisfied with this one.

Karl