V4RB: Array-Fields?

Karl Grob kgrob at mus.ch
Wed May 9 02:34:17 CDT 2007

Could anyone tell me how Valentina-Array-Fields (V3.0) are used
within RB 2007v2?

1. It is possible to define a VStringArray (dim afld as VStringArray
seems to work (just IDE!))
2. It seems to be impossible to create such a field (afld =
tbl.Create?? = no VStringArray (IDE))
3. Searching wiki for VStringArray = no result

Following wiki there should be such a thing as VArray. Does not exist
in V4RB (at least API or Classes Way(always IDE)).
In SQL-way (still following wiki) VStringArray does not exist in wiki.

BTW: Up to 2.5.9 one could work with the old PDF-Documentation, the
difference was not too big. Now this seems to be impossible. The only
thing I have are examples (usually a good thing, but the new stuff is
not really treated) and wiki is far away from replacing the old PDF-
Files (up to 2006 and for RealBasic).
I would like to suggest you give the same priority to the
documentation as is given to the code itself. If the gap gets too
big, the code will be de facto not usable any more. There are people
out there using your code and database as a tool for another kind of
work  (for editing - as in my example). I am willing to learn even if
the documentation is not always a jour, but if the learning curve
gets too flat I have to resign. (Array-Fields are the main reason for
my updating to V3.0)

Maybe I didnt find the proper docs. If this is the case, please tell
me where they are. (On the other hand I did find within your homepage
some remarks telling me that everything is on PDF ?!)

Thanks
Karl Grob