Will Valentina work with REALbasic 2007 r2 STANDARD Edition?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 8 01:48:05 CDT 2007

On 8/5/07 12:08 AM, "Barry G. Sumpter" <BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU> wrote:

Hi Barry,

> Ruslan,
>
> Could you please either post a snapshot or include one in your instructions
> of the disabled menu items.
> Along with a snapshot of the about screen in your REALbasic IDE.
> That way we would be sure what the disabled menu is supposed to look like.
> And what version of REALbasic IDE you are writing about.
> And that you are actually writing about something you yourself have tested.
>
> It's NOT confirmed in the instructions that DisableRBDB has no extension.

Wrong. said:  name "DisableRBDB"

You see quotes? IMHO this specify complete name of file.

> It's NOT confirmed in the instructions that DisableRBDB has no content.

Okay, I have add word EMPTY FILE in wiki page

> You need the confirmations because the menu items are still there and
> enabled.
> Which has been confirmed by the user on the REALbasic community forum
> And another user thru this group email.
> And myself.

I.e. You still cannot get it working?
Then once again lets clarify.

** Read THIS paragraph:

Attention Starting with 2.5.6 release this is changed. Now you need to drop
this file on MacOS into the ³REALbasic.app/Contents/MacOS² folder, on
Windows into the folder where is REALbasic.exe. Also note, that on windows
you may need at first start REALbasic then open a project so working
directory will be the REALbasic.exe folder.

So you are on MAC, and have you did for REALbasic  -- "Show Package" in
Finder?  Then go down to Contents/MacOS folder?  And HERE drop file
DisableRBDB?

Please double check this point!

> As I currently understand there are three versions of REALbasic 2007 r2.
> Standard, Professional, and Trial.
> All three could react differently to the DisableRBDB instructions.
> Any previous version of REALbasic could react differently as well.

In fact file DisableRBDB uses V4RB plugin itself.

So it does not maters what RB you are using:
    2006 or 2007.
    Pro or Standard.

Please let me know

> For me I'd like to know that Valentina will work with the Standard Edition.

It works.  200%