FindAllLinked SQL

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Mon May 7 03:44:25 CDT 2007

Hi Ruslan,

On 7-mei-07, at 01:13, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 6/5/07 5:47 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Bart,
>
>> I'm starting to work with binary links, but fail to see (or find on
>> the site) what would be the equivalent of FINDALLLINKED in
>> Valentina SQL
>
> Well, may be there is no direct equivalent ...
>
>     Vset FindAllLinked()
>
> It returns Vset in some table.
> SQL works with Joins using links.

Since I need to work with a many-to-many relationship which was
replaced with a binarylink, I don't have the necessary info to do a
join in the traditional way (I need a many-to-many table for that)

Do I understand it correct that if

1) one defines a binarylink (m-to-m)
2) one can no longer use the Valentina SQL way but has to use the API
way

I can't believe that is true, that would be a huge omission in the
SQL syntax.

I must be missing something...

If I have people and phonecalls (m-to-m) and store this info in a
binarylink (as stated in the manuals), surely there must be an sqlway
to retrieve for a certain person the phonecalls he has received ?

> May be take a look on  Link Functions
>
> http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?
> id=paradigma:public:en:documen
> tation:vsql:reference:reference

The Link functions are giving information on aggregates, very usefull
but not what I need now

Please advice

Bart Pietercil