pictures stoed in v2 database

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Sat May 5 22:53:45 CDT 2007

Hi Robert,

I don't work with rev applications.

I've only been using Valentina for the past 4 days.
I'm finding the Valentina support site very hard to follow.

As a rule I DON'T store anything but alpha and numeric variations of text in
my database.
i.e. I never store any kind of graphic in a database.
I store only the folder path to pictures in the database and use coding to
manipulate the picture.

hth

All the best,
Barry G. Sumpter

-----Original Message-----
From: valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net
[mailto:valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net] On Behalf Of Robert Mann
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:34 AM
To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com; valentina at lists.macserve.net
Subject: pictures stoed in v2 database

I have stored some pictures in my valentina 2 database I would like to be
able to display then within my rev application in a image fld

I tried this

    put "SELECT * FROM pictures WHERE pictures.name= 'ctgFork01';" into
theSQL

    put revQueryDatabase(dbID, theSQL) into curID

     put revDatabaseColumnNamed(curID,"picture") into ctg1

     put ctg1 into image "ctg1"

but this just returns ctg1 as a number?

Thanks

Rob