Pre-[ANN] About 3.0 and 2.5.10

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue May 1 07:13:14 CDT 2007

>* both releases 2.5.10 and 3.0 have new serial numbers.
>   and they are the same. I.e. 2.5.10 serials work with 3.0
>
>* Actually this serials are the same because Paradigma Software now have
>serials based on subscription plan (e.g. Similar to REALbasic)

Oh, I understand now your big hesistance to roll out 2.5.10. Sounds
like you implemented new serialization without making a proper branch
in the code. Having 2.5.10 with 3.0 serialization is indeed a
headache. Hopefully, you start properly branching with 3.0 product to
avoid such mishaps in the future. The recent discussion proves again
the points from earlier discussions and underlines a need for proper
branching.

Robert