Questions regarding lenght() function

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Sat Mar 31 06:28:22 CDT 2007

On 2007-03-31, at 14:21, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> In "worse case" you can try create Table Method (virtual field) and
> use it
> for ORDER BY.
>
> This also is good BECAUSE you can mark this field as Indexed, so
> Valentina
> will build INDEX for length() result. And this speed up query a lots.

In worst case THIS breaks a lot of legacy sql92-code and forced me to
maintain two different set of scripts / sql-queries :-)

As written in another thread, it's nice to have "things" to speed up
valentina and is good to know them. But on another hand I want to
have a decision between sql92-cross-database-without-a-thought or
burning-fast-in-valentina-only

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--