[2263] XML dump of DOUBLE rounds values

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Mar 27 07:30:31 CDT 2007

On 27/3/07 11:04 AM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ok and how do you use the SQL SUM statement them? I need to sum
> dozens of thousands records that way. This is the reason why I use
> doubles to store doubles and not strings. Now, if SUM also works with
> strings containing doubles... does it?
>
>> This is why I again want to point. If you need EXACT storage of
>> numbers, DO NOT use DOUBLE/FLOAT type.

More info guys.

1) I have check how this do mySQL.

    they have in CREATE TABLE additional parameters

        fld DOUBLE (length, precision)

    On default precision = 6.

    so as only you give to mySQL value as 23.123456789
    it will be shown as

        23.123457

2) We have discuss and our vision is:

    a) yes we need also add additional parameter(s) to float/double
        to control string conversion.

    b) this solve DUMP problem because if you declare field to have
        .3  precision then it is okay to get 3454.127 in the dump.

    c) we need yet add into Valentina new type DECIMAL,
    which internally use 2 integer types to store EXACT values.
    This type also is required to be able do SUM()