[2263] XML dump of DOUBLE rounds values

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Tue Mar 27 04:20:54 CDT 2007

Hi,

Personally I use a 'precision' value to compare doubles. Something like:

If Abs( Abs( Value1 ) - Abs( Value2 ) ) > aPrecision then msgbox
"Value1 <> Value2"
If Abs( Abs( Value1 ) - Abs( Value2 ) ) <= aPrecision then msgbox
"Value1 = Value2"

Where aPrecision is '0.01' for 2 decimals values.

Of course I am comparing money amount.

In mySQL there is a type for that, DECIMAL.
                                    ^^^^^^^

 From mySQL doc.:

"The DECIMAL and NUMERIC data types are used to store exact numeric
data values. In MySQL, NUMERIC is implemented as DECIMAL. These types
are used to store values for which it is important to preserve exact
precision, for example with monetary data. As of MySQL 5.0.3, DECIMAL
and NUMERIC values are stored in binary format. Previously, they were
stored as strings, with one character used for each digit of the
value, the decimal point (if the scale is greater than 0), and the
‘-’ sign (for negative numbers)."
More here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/numeric-types.html

Could such type be added to Valentina? That would be handy.

Stan