[Vstudio] Editing ObjPtr value in DATA EDITOR !!!

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Mar 23 08:22:12 CDT 2007

On 22/3/07 11:57 PM, "Joakim Schramm" <joakim at astrocalc.com> wrote:

Hi Joakim,

PLEASE READ this all.

> In Vstudio, data editor, there seem to be no way to edit a value for an
> ObjectPtr field or am I missing something? When I inspect one of my
> databases I see 1 record have its objectPtr set to <NULL>, not sure how this
> has happened but I need to change this value to 3, however VS doesn't seem
> to let me do it?

Value of RecID and therefore ObjectPtr field means actually saying some
INTERNAL values. Right?

So we need way PROTECT data from user mistakes.

For this Valentina Studio offers next mechanism:

* open T1 in Data Editor

* in bottom editor you will see RELATED able T2.
    or choose in menu to see it

* now for T1 you need select some record, it become dark blue,
    and marked in the first special column by [1].

* now you can in the bottom browser LINK/UNLINK records simply by mouse
click into the same first special column.

* NOTE that you can change for Bottom Browser the mode how to see records:
        linked only
        free records
        all records