Valentina speed different on windows and mac

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 22 14:21:12 CDT 2007

On 22/3/07 4:27 PM, "Danny Lewkin" <daniel.lewkin at cognosis.be> wrote:

Hi Danny,

> we (Bart Pietercil and I) are developing a program that has to run on
> mac and windows (macOSX and XP), with RB.

> I have noticed that running the same amount of queries (or even just
> one query), with the use of cursors is a lot slower on windows than
> on mac.

> Is that normal, is there an explenation, or (most probably), do I
> have something badly installed or doing something I shouldn't in the
> software?

>From my experience, Windows somehow is slower on disk operations as FLUSH
than MACOS. Reason - no idea.

But you talk about searches i.e. READs. Right?

As only we finish major part of Stored Procedures for 3.0
I want assign Sergey to start play with Profiler on Windows.
It is time to polish engine a little to find and resolve bottlenecks.

-----
Meanwhile I can recommend you to play with feature

    SET PROPERTY WarningMode = true

Then check WarningLog.

You can enable/disable this right around queries or group of queries you
want to profile.

So you will get kind of logs of how queries are executed step by step
on MAC and WIN to compare.