[DISCUSS] Missing basic features ? ROADMAP

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 21 14:25:34 CDT 2007

On 21/3/07 8:06 PM, "Joakim Schramm" <joakim at astrocalc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried this; Open the db in Vstudio and reindex, close. Create new setup
> with reindexed db. Intall fresh with db. First search, same problem, lot of
> disc activity (probably indexing) before result is returned. Furter searches
> instantly also after restart of app, so it seem this is only on very first
> search of db. I don't understand "why" it need to index if I already have
> done so?

I have to think...

Another variant can be -- you do some NOT-INDEXED search by some field.

It is know windows issue, that if you try touch some N MB first time,
Then it takes longer time. Second time virtual memory compensate.

So, if you have some column which is not indexed, and you do search on it,
then first time the whole column can be read from HDD, second time it is in
RAM of Windows.

Again, Warning.log can help find this issue.

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vsql:reference:get_set_property