Modification date

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Mon Mar 19 17:56:32 CDT 2007

Hi Ruslan,

>>> Ivan point that now() returns DateTime type
>>> He say that
>>>         timeFld     = now()     okay
>>>         datetimeFld = now()     okay
>>>         dateFld     = now()     garbage.
>> Not what I'm seeing. In my tests I get garbage for all of them;
>> datetime is returning  02/02/-4224 00:00:00:000, time is returning
>> 00:00:00:000
>> Are these only meant to work for selects and not inserts?
> Inserts and updates and WHERE all this should work
I'm still having problems with this. Using VStudio and I have a filed
(datetime) with now() as the default value.

During inserts I'm always returning  02/02/-4224 00:00:00:000. Is
this likely a bug in VStudio or in the now() function?  I realise I
could code around it but it seems it should work.

cheers

kim