Converting to V2

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Mar 18 10:44:28 CDT 2007

Hello,

one of my customers complains that it takes 10 hours to convert from
V1 to V2 format. It's a 2 GB database and he has real old hardware.

I made a test on my 3 year old G5 with a 500 MB database:

Convert to V2: 868
update encoding: 1030
do other stuff: 1123

The time is in seconds! What could be causing this long delay? The
code is very simple:

     'create new file
     theFolderitem = nil
     theFolderitem = OldFolderitem.Parent.Child(theName)
     if theFolderitem.LongPathMBS <> OldFolderitem.LongPathMBS then
       Valentina.Convert_1_2(OldFolderitem, theFolderitem, true, "", "")
       wasConverted = True
     end if

Using Realbasic 2007R1 and V4RB 2.5.6.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.