Valentina.GetDatabaseVersion() and remote database

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Wed Mar 14 14:11:56 CDT 2007

Hi,

My app is supposed to open files both locally and remotely. I share
one single 'open' method for both I have adapted to handle remote and
local files. That method is doing some checking. One of those
checking is a call to a SchemaUpdate method. That SchemaUpdate method
includes the V1-V2 conversion stuff, reason why I check for DB
version at the very beginning. Now, I don't understand why the exact
same line doesn't work and rise an exception when called from my
SchemaUpdate method when it works fine when calling directly.

Anyway if I add a conditional and jump to the rest of the function I
get a #-39 Exception at the line vdb.Open( f ). f is not nil.
f = new FolderItem( DBPath, FolderItem.PathTypeShell )

Again, the same code in the same function works, not when called form
a method. That is:

f = new FolderItem( inPath, FolderItem.PathTypeShell )
vdb.Open( f )

works fine.

f = new FolderItem( inPath, FolderItem.PathTypeShell )
myDocumentOpen( f )

where

Function myDocumentOpen( f As FolderItem )
    vdb.Open( f )
End Function

doesn't work and rises a #-39 Exception.

stan