Valentina.GetDatabaseVersion() and remote database

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Mon Mar 12 13:18:47 CDT 2007

Hi,

Are the two last lines of the following code correct?

---
mVConnection = new VConnection( aHost, aUserName, aPassword, aPort,
aTimeOut, aParameter )
mVConnection.Open()
mValentinaServer = new VServer( mVConnection )

dbi = mValentinaServer.DatabaseInfo(1)

myDb = new myDatabase( mVConnection )

f = new FolderItem( dbi.path, FolderItem.PathTypeShell )

DBVersion = Valentina.GetDatabaseVersion( f )
---

I am just trying to get the served DB version. It works fine when the
database in on localhost but I have doubts that would work on remote
DBs as well unless Valentina is clever enough to just use the DB name
and already know what and where to look at. It looks like the Open()
method is already that clever.

stan