[V4RB] Init and shutdown

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Mar 11 03:04:54 CDT 2007

On 10/3/07 10:04 PM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> due to some UTF64 <> UTF8 <> REALbasic <> new Valentina Client <>
> (something more I missed here) - ISSUES
>
> On 2007-03-10, at 20:08, Charles Yeomans wrote:
>> then what you must do is to call either Valentina.Init or
>> Valentina.InitClient, but not both.
>
> you must in contrast to your comment call
>
>      Valentina.Init(1 * 1024 *1024, "V4RB-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
> "V4RB-XXXXXXXXXXXXX")
>      Valentina.InitClient(64)
>
> when you connect to a server

Thorsten here describe issue of V4RB.

Right now you cannot use only
    InitVClient()

And work with non-English texts, because V4RB plugin itself is linked to ICU
features to convert from UTF8 to UTF16.

This should be improved in V4RB.
For example V4MD do not have this problem

So for now it needs do
    Valentina.Init() first of all --
        to init ICU and Valentina STRING class.