Vstudio_Win 2.5.7 broken?

joakim at astrocalc.com joakim at astrocalc.com
Fri Mar 9 10:43:31 CST 2007

> On 8/3/07 7:44 PM, "Joakim Schramm" <joakim at astrocalc.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please look at new bug 2239
>> http://www.valentina-db.com/bt/view.php?id=2239
>> as it seem VS_WIN 2.5.7 is broken.
>
> Even after RESTART ?

Yes, I had to reinstall 2.5.6 to be able opening any db, 2.5.7 simply
didnät want to open any. I saw you have uploaded a new 2.5.7,
unfortunately my development PC unexpectedly died this morning as the
Power Supply gave up. Have had it replaced but my XP installation got
damaged so need to restore the whole system which probably will take whole
weekend. So I cannot test the new version yet.

I am not sure it only is VS 2.5.7 which has problems though. I updated
both VS and VCOM to 2.5.7 and my app was fine, untill I added a record in
the database. There then was some error on exiting and next time I
restarted the db did not open. Then I started VS and noticed this, and
later also that my db was gone. So I think VCOM 2.5.7 also have some
problem but I canät test it now due to my PC problems. Accessing mail from
notebook and webmail now as temporary solution.

Regards,
Joakim