registering database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 8 05:42:39 CST 2007

On 8/3/07 12:21 PM, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:

Hi Kim,

> g'day folks,
>
> As I've been learning the Valentina way of life I've mainly played
> with simple, single user, single table apps. Today I started playing
> with server and registered a db there and it raised a question for me.
>
> Why is it we have to register a database? Why doesn't VServer simply
> recognise anything placed into the databases folder (ala FMP Server)?
> Or am I doing something wrong?

But why it should? Although interesting idea :-)

When you register db you specify its PATH and DBNAME
    so you can have disk db as  db22.vdb
    but vserver will know under name "accounting"

And on connect you need specify this name "accounting"

-----
To register db you can use or vstudo or API Vserver.RegisterDatabase()