V4MD 1 to 2 and getMedia

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Wed Mar 7 15:17:27 CST 2007

>>> Convert_1_2() by idea just COPY data from old BLOB into new..
>>>    and it do not care what context is there.
>>
>> You're saying I could do this?
>
> Yes it should work by idea.

I don't think this is possible. You can't open a v1 database with v2, either in
VStudio or in Director. Therefore, you can't have both a v1 and v2 open at the
same time. Therefore, you can't copy data from one to the other directly.

Am I missing something?

I could re-build the database but that would be a NIGHTMARE and I'd almost
rather kill myself. I'd much rather stick with v1 than re-build the database. In
fact, I don't think I have an alternative. So we(you) really need to get the
convert 1_2 functional for Director #text members.

I'm still working on getting you a v1 database to test. But it seems clear to me
that none of my Director #text members in the database can be retrieved.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology
Hypix Media, Inc.