Need help reproducing a bug

Charles Yeomans charles at declareSub.com
Mon Mar 5 12:09:31 CST 2007

I could use some help reproducing a bug in V4Rb + VServer.  Here is
the code.

   Valentina.InitClient
   dim connection as new VConnection("localhost", "sa", "sa")
   connection.Open
   dim db as new VDatabase(connection)
   dim f as new FolderItem("VBlobTest")
   db.Create f
   dim table1 as VTable = db.CreateTable("Table1")
   dim textField as VField = table1.CreateTextField("Description", 512)
   dim blobField as VBLOB = table1.BlobField
("DescriptionStyledText") //should be nil
   dim b as Boolean = (blobField is textField) //should be false

   db.Close
   db = nil
   connection.Close
   connection = nil
   Valentina.ShutDownClient

What I am seeing is that blobField is not nil, and blobField and
textField point to the same object.

I'm running everything on a MacBook + 10.4.8.

Thanks in advance.

Charles Yeomans