VOffice OSX

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 04:50:14 CST 2007

On 5-mrt-07, at 11:37, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 5/3/07 12:16 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Exactly my thought.
>>
>> I would prefer that the Isconnected method, simply verifies IF a
>> connection is alive and let the developper decide if he wants to
>> restore the connection;
>
> Second.
>
> IsConencted() will NOT do automatic reconnect!
> But since this is normal command to server, then server "correct"
> timeout
> counter for this client.
>
>> THis way it is simple to query the connection (while the user is gone
>> drinking coffee) and present a dialog box when disconnected asking
>> feedback from the user (that he will see when he comes back to the
>> machine, maybe 3 hours later). So this way the disconnect will happen
>> after the set timeout and we can reconnect the moment we have
>> feedback from the user.
>
> It is up to your code.
>
> Do not make IsConnected() each 10 seconds,
> But make it only before some command as Thorsten suggests.

I know, this is what I am doing now.
I am only suggesting that it would be handy to have a way to check if
the serverconnection is alive without resetting the client timeout.
I suppose I can write this by asking for the the timeoutlength from
the server and trigger my isconnected check only after the disconnect
has (should have) occured.

What servervariable do I have to query to obtain the timeout length ?

TIA

Bart Pietercil