VOffice OSX

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Mon Mar 5 04:08:49 CST 2007

On 2007-03-05, at 10:55, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> I mean when I do in a timer checkconnection maybe every 10 seconds
>> will it prevent the connection from timing out (the timeout set on
>> the server 20 minutes)?
>
> Yes this also prevents timeout disconnect.
>
> Because server see that client do not drink coffee now :-)

But it's not a better idea, to check the connection before sending a
command and if not connected anymore, then to reconnect instead of
keeping the connection alive all day? Except the fact, that
preventing from disconnect sells more connections ;-)

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany