complicated Method construction

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Thu Mar 1 17:18:31 CST 2007

On Friday, March 2, 2007 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>On 2/3/07 1:02 AM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>>> In WHERE - yes.
>>
>> This has not been my experience.  I had a case where a field used in the WHERE
>> clause but not specified in the SELECT clause crashed my app.  User complained
>> and I changed this one thing and the app was fine.  I'm using V4RB 2.5.4.
>
>But then we need bug report from you.
>I think issue is not in SELECT WHERE

At the time, I thought it was a bug in my code, not Valentina.  The select was one that worked in Valentina 1 and I thought it was something that changed with Valentina 2 that I missed.

At any rate, I would have to try and find the select that caused the problem and report it.  I had a bunch that had to be changed, but only one that crashed the app.  I figured it was something that was bad practice that could sometimes lead to a crash so it didn't concern me that not all the statements caused the crash.

If I find it and can reproduce it, I'll add a Mantis report.  In the meantime, I just make sure my SELECT statements include all the fields I will use....

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/