complicated Method construction

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 1 16:52:57 CST 2007

On 2/3/07 12:01 AM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

> So if I don't use it in the SELECT clause, I can use it in the WHERE
> and also in ORDER BY .
> Correct?

In WHERE - yes.

In ORDER BY prohibited by Standard.
Seems we have not allow it yet.
I not remember. Easy to check
    select f1 from T ORDER BY f2

> Of course the other way is make it a simple varchar and calculate it
> in RB. The disadvantage I think is when one branch is connected to
> another and the cell_levelindicator needs to be updated.

It still need to be updated and calculated for INDEX.

> So the ideal would maybe be the combination of the two possibilities.
> Make it a varchar and have a function doing the update when necessary
> (probably regex needed for that) and no functions in 2.5.X is there ?
>
> Probably for now best use varchar and update statements when needed.
> I don't think a typical branch will have more than 50 items, so that
> should be doable even over internet

Wait.

So you want be able update some Nth item...and this should change values of
all items down. You need self write this code. Because Valentina cannot self
monitor this logic.