[ATTENTION] Chat with Frank about 3.1 cool news :-)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jun 25 06:26:54 CDT 2007

On 25/6/07 1:45 PM, "Erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

Hi Erne,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> thanks for answering
>
> I'm talking about ambiguos links where we need specify what links to use
>
> say we have TableA, TableB, TableC, AtoB_Link, AtoB_Link, AtoC_Link
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                    I assume AtoB_Link, AtoB_Link2,

> Select * from TableA, TableB, TableC  // will spawn an Ambiguos link
> exception
>
> so we must code:
>
> select * from TableA
> join TableB on AtoB_Link
> join TableC On AtoB_Link
>
> I'm asking for the ability to write:
>
> Select * from TableA, TableB, TableC
>     join using AtoB_Link, BtoC_Link

No no, this is not good idea.

But what you can do now is:

    Valentina will be happy if you specify link ONLY for ambigous 2 tables:

select *
from
   TableA join TableB using AtoB_Link
          join TableC

Looks on this as

select *
from
   (TableA join TableB using AtoB_Link)  '' produce TmpT
          join TableC                    '' Tmpt join TableC