[ATTENTION] Chat with Frank about 3.1 cool news :-)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jun 25 05:12:24 CDT 2007

On 25/6/07 12:49 PM, "Erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

>> rz 4:52pm  no
>> rz 4:52pm  implicit links are for ANY links
>> rz 4:53pm  FK, OPtr, Binary
>>

> please elaborate this a little for me
>
> Vale SQL has very handy feature of performing implicit joins when
> using tables with object pointers as in:
>
> Select * from TableA, TableB
>    Where TableA.ObjPtrToB = TableB.Recid  //  this could be entirely
> omitted (But no mention of this can be found in SQL documentation)
>
> So assuming we have a BinaryLink called AtoB_Link we can code:
>
> Select * from TableA
>    join TableB on AtoB_Link
>
> or using implicit link:
>
> Select * from TableA, TableB  // (Again no mention of this can be
> found in SQL documentation)
>
> Now let's say we have 2 ambiguos links like AtoB_Link_ManyToMany and
> AtoB_Link_1toMany, here's the current correct syntax:
>
> Select * from TableA
>    join TableB on AtoB_Link_ManyToMany
>
> Couldnt' we have this syntax also?
>
> Select * from TableA, TableB
>    join using AtoB_Link_ManyToMany
>
> seems legit since the AtoB_Link_ManyToMany knows all about what
> Tables it's linking and how
>
> I know, it seems a redundant request, but it would greatly semplify
> complex queries involving more tables like in:
>
> select * from TableA
> join TableB on AtoB_Link
> join TableC On BtoC_Link
>
> could be written as:
>
> Select * from TableA, TableB, TableC
>    join using AtoB_Link, BtoC_Link
>
> you see? a group for the From clause and a group for the Join clause
> I know this is not standard SQL syntax, but that's because smart
> links don't exist there.
> Vale has them so why don't get the best from them?

Valentina support this from 1.x

You ask about ability list few tables in the FROM table by COMA, right?

And I believe that on this pages

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:valentina_vs:sql_features

This is pointed! That you can for INNER join to use even more short form.