[ATTENTION] Chat with Frank about 3.1 cool news :-)

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 03:30:29 CDT 2007

Hi List, Ruslan

I would like to emphasize that although having binary links is great
for us they will only be viable if there are implemented ways to
switch the db schema to the other database models.

Although for our solution binary links would have been great, for the
moment I have "ruled" against them because our db model MUST be able
to deploy against databases that do NOT have these features.

Before changing my mind I need to have methods available in Valentina
that permit me to say:

ConvertFromBinaryLinkToTable(T1,name_of_binaryLink) which produces a
many_to_many table(T1,recid,fk1,fk2) based on the passed binary link

On the other hand I wouldn't mind a method that does the reverse
ConvertFromTableToBinaryLink(T1,FKField1,FKField2) produces a
binarylink based on the information in the 2 passed fields.

Just my  cents

Bart