Including vcomponents in build V4RB application

jda jda at his.com
Sun Jun 24 08:57:53 CDT 2007

>>>  My question is:
>>>  which parts of the vcomponents folder do I actually need to include in my
>>>  built application?  I'm only working with a local database, so I'm not
>>>  making any client - server connections.  Do I need all of:
>>>
>>>  libvclient_fat_release.dylib
>>>  libvkernel_fat_release.dylib
>>>  libvshared_fat_release.dylib
>>>  vresources/
>>>  VSDK.framework/
>>>
>>>  ...?
>>
>>  In theory you can try remove vclient + ssl  dylibs
>
>Which is the ssl dylib?
>
>If I remove libvclient_fat_release.dylib, then my application won't start
>up.  I do seem to be able to remove VSDK.framework, though.  Is this to be
>expected?

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 3.0.2 and I'd like to slim down the V4RB
install, too. Ruslan (or DaveI, do you have an install script for a
RB standalone (non-server) app? I tried editing the install script,
but since I didn't know what I was doing it didn't work properly when
I started removing references to vsdk.framework, for example.

Thanks,

Jon