[V4RB] RAM-based databases

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jun 24 00:00:53 CDT 2007

On 23/6/07 11:12 PM, "Erik Mueller-Harder" <erikmh at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Erik,

> Thanks for your reply, Ruslan.
>
>> As I have point in your Mantis report your problem with this example is
>> because gClient = true, i.e. Example try connect to Valentina Sever on your
>> computer, and you have not it.
>
> Yes, that was my problem with the *example* database, as I reported on
> Mantis. My question here was more general, and was not related to the
> server question. (It's another puzzlement, though: why do you have
> supply a project which is supposed to be a good example of how to do a
> RAM-based database BY DEFAULT create the database on the server
> machine instead? That doesn't seem like a good example! But anyway,
> that's not the issue here.)

* This was mistake of BUILD script for 3.0.2
    On default V4RB archive should have
    gClient = false

* I think you have not read Example Guide of V4RB

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:examples:guide:v4rb:v4rb

* this gClient controls ALL 50 examples of V4RB to be able work as with
LOCAL so with VSERVER.