Including vcomponents in build V4RB application

Dave Addey listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jun 22 06:40:11 CDT 2007

Hi Ruslan,

>> I¹m a little unclear how I include the vcomponents folder in my application
>> when using V4RB v3.  I have taken the script I used with v2 (called
>> INSTALL_VCOMPONENTS_V4RB.sh), and removed the lines which referenced
>> Valentina¹s ICU libraries, and this seems to be working.
>
> Actually updated script without ICU can be found in WIKI / V4RB / Deployment

Aha - that's what I was looking for.  Thanks - it's identical to the edits
I'd made myself :)

>> My question is:
>> which parts of the vcomponents folder do I actually need to include in my
>> built application?  I¹m only working with a local database, so I¹m not
>> making any client ­ server connections.  Do I need all of:
>>
>> libvclient_fat_release.dylib
>> libvkernel_fat_release.dylib
>> libvshared_fat_release.dylib
>> vresources/
>> VSDK.framework/
>>
>> ...?
>
> In theory you can try remove vclient + ssl  dylibs

Which is the ssl dylib?

If I remove libvclient_fat_release.dylib, then my application won't start
up.  I do seem to be able to remove VSDK.framework, though.  Is this to be
expected?

>> I see also that the latest manual (V4RB_Reference_3_en.pdf) recommends
>> making a ³MyAppFolder², and placing the vcomponents folder alongside my
>> built application in this folder, rather than putting them inside my
>> application bundle.  Is this really the recommended way to do it?  I¹d much
>> rather stick with having the vcomponents inside my application bundle if
>> this is still acceptable.
>
> This for V4RB PEF, so not your case.

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks!

Dave.