Is it safe to use valdump while a database is being accessed?

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Jun 22 01:11:14 CDT 2007

Hi Steven,

obviously I'm not Ruslan, but

On 2007-06-22, at 07:03, Steven Ronald wrote:
> is it safe to use valdump on a database while that
> database is being accessed (read,add record, update
> record etc)? ie is there any problem doing valdump on
> a database while there are active cursors to it that
> might be adding, deleting or updating records in the
> database?

while I'm not able to say anything about "safe" in the sense of not
"blocking" or crashing the server, I'm able to say that this might
lead to problems regarding data consistency, because Valentina does
not work with transactional integrity. So it might happen, that your
cursors already added the lines of an invoice, then your dumps runs
and the invoice itself was not added. This would be enough "ensecure"
for me to think about the process.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--