Create Trigger in VStudio

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 05:24:00 CDT 2007

Hi List, Ruslan

I created 2 triggers with this statement:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER "trigger_tbl_users_BI" BEFORE INSERT
     ON "tbl_users" FOR EACH ROW
     BEGIN
         NEW.creation_dt = NOW();
         NEW.modification_dt = NOW();
		NEW.objptr_modified_by = @user_id;
		NEW.objptr_created_by = @user_id;
     END;
CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER "trigger_tbl_users_BU" BEFORE UPDATE
     ON "tbl_users" FOR EACH ROW
     BEGIN
         NEW.modification_dt = NOW();
		NEW.objptr_modified_by = @user_id;
     END;

I created this through the SQL-editor with ONE execute

In VStudio 2 triggers are created

First problem: They only show up after reopening the DB (close DB-->
open DB)
Is this for Mantis ?

Second Problem: When in VStudio I select the trigger, the trigger
text has the complete execute text

I select trigger "trigger_tbl_users_BI" and the trigger text reads:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER "trigger_tbl_users_BI" BEFORE INSERT
     ON "tbl_users" FOR EACH ROW
     BEGIN
         NEW.creation_dt = NOW();
         NEW.modification_dt = NOW();
		NEW.objptr_modified_by = @user_id;
		NEW.objptr_created_by = @user_id;
     END;
CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER "trigger_tbl_users_BU" BEFORE UPDATE
     ON "tbl_users" FOR EACH ROW
     BEGIN
         NEW.modification_dt = NOW();
		NEW.objptr_modified_by = @user_id;
     END;

The same goes for the second trigger

Bug? Mantis?

3 Problem: I used the statement SET @user_id = 1 which is accepted
Then I realised this was wrong (my mistake) so I wanted to do this
SET @user_id = NULL

This gives unexpected token. Why ?

TIA

Bart