Feature request: Collation settings on connection level

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Tue Jun 19 03:56:04 CDT 2007

Hi Ruslan,

On 2007-06-19, at 10:44, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> You cannot, because SORT ORDER is reflected in the INDEX.
> I.e. This is not connection issue, it is db storage issue

OK, THAT's a reasonable explanation and I must admit I should have
think of this argument for myself.

But I think and am afraid, that if you implement a collation based
sorting (virtual in-memory index????) Valentina is ways faster, then
me doing a linked-list sorting of the result set in REALbasic.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany