db.SchemaVersion // PLEASE use search by WIKI !

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 16 11:31:35 CDT 2007

On 16/6/07 9:56 AM, "Jochen Kötter" <jochen-koetter at gmx.de> wrote:

>> For this exits db.SchemaVersion
>
> WOW !!   Ingenious! Could this be real?
>
> db = new dbPianoclass
>  f   = GetFolderItem( "pianoclass" )
>      db.open( f )
>      db.SchemaVersion = db.SchemaVersion + 1
>      db.flush
>
> Such an incredible easy way!

Not exactly.

Please use search on Valentina WIKI.
Search gives me 5-6 found pages. E.g. this one with examples:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vkernel:database:schema_version&s=schemaversion

> If this it is, you should specify this for other newcomers in the
> reference document.
> In Docu it looks like the db.Schemaversion would be only a possibility,
> to read the Versionnumber, which could help to update the structure.

Yes, this is just a counter, which you can check/change and do some actions

>> And I think V4RB/Examples/Class_way do have such example
>
> I didn't find it anywhere.
>
> Would you confirm wether this is the right way, please?

Really there is no such example in V4RB...
Should be added.