Valentina Server on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Tue Jun 12 11:57:21 CDT 2007

On Tuesday, June 12, 2007 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>>> NO.
>>>
>>> Product line 3.x drops support of 10.3.9 because
>>> is start to use ICU from 10.4 and newer
>>
>> Does this include standalone Valentina applications not using client/server?
>
>Yes, and ADKs as V4RB also
>
>> Are you saying that any Valentina application on the Mac must have 10.4 to
>> run?
>
>Actually yes.
>
>Exception can be only application that is CLIENT-only to Valentina Server,
>I.e. such app do not use ICU from OS X.
>

>----
>Actually we all have agree on this list with this step near to August 2006.

I remember the discussion, but the details are hazy.   My problem is that I needed V4RB 2.5.10 to get a clean app.  Then, since I had to pay for V4RB 3 to get 2.5.10, and you were encouraging people to jump to 3 rather than use 2.5.10, I went ahead with that.  My fault that I didn't pay attention to the small details.  My users will just have to upgrade if they are still on Panther.   For me, it is not a big deal since I have a limited pool of users but I would still prefer to be able to support Panther.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/