Moving from Vcursor to Vsets

Dave Addey listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jul 19 17:30:01 CDT 2007

Hi there,

I¹m trying to split up my SELECT statements into smaller chunks, using VSets
and the FindXxxx methods.  I¹m wondering ­ how would I select a primary key
such as this:

SELECT * FROM Tracks, PlaylistTracks WHERE PlaylistTracks.TrackUniqueIDPtr =
Tracks.UniqueID AND PlaylistTracks.PlaylistUniqueIDPtr = 3

(PlaylistTracks.TrackUniqueIDPtr is a Foreign Key Link to Tracks.UniqueID,
and PlaylistTracks.PlaylistUniqueIDPtr is a Foreign Key Link to
Playlists.UniqueID)

...using VSets?  I can see how to do the individual selects using VSets, but
I can¹t see how to join the two together with the foreign key links.

I¹ve been doing it the VCursor way so far, but some of my SELECT statements
take too long to execute, so I want to chop them up into smaller chunks.
I¹m thinking of doing this using several VSet methods, each of which reduces
the set another step, bit by bit.

Thanks for any help,

Dave.