VStudio bug nukes db

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Thu Jul 19 05:55:08 CDT 2007

all,

I had a problem tonight where a db became corrupt. Re-Indexing didn't
fix the problem so I decided to clone it and replace the corrupted
version.  Problem is the clone procedure silently converted the db
from UTF-8 to UTF-16 rendering the clone useless. There's no VStudio
option to choose the clone encoding but it's clearly a bug when it's
changed without warning - a clone should be a clone.

I'm not sure now what to do with the database as it's still reporting
errors (with diagnose) and I can't clone it (which has always worked
for me in the past)

mantis   0002468

//k