V4MD - <null> results with lingo

Giacomo Vernoni giacomo at way-out.it
Wed Jul 18 10:46:27 CDT 2007

Hi Kirill

On 18 lug 2007, at 17:30, Kirill Pekarov wrote:

> Hi, Giacomo.
>
> You wrote 18.07.2007, 18:23:15:
>
>> I think I will open two new bugs:
>
>> 1) vfield.value returns <Null> instead of <Void> in lingo Director.
> Ok
>> 2) vfield.getstring() returns <Void> instead of an empty string if
>> the field is empty or Null.
> Not sure here. How then you do differ empty string value from NULL?
> Ruslan?

My opinion: a function that is called getstring() should always
return a string... even if it is null, I'm asking to GET a STRING.
Waiting for Ruslan...

We can even discuss on point 1) why vfield.value on an empty field
and on a Null field always results the wrong <Null> value (that
should be <Void>): shouldn't it give an empty string on an empty
varchar/text field and <Void> on a Null varchar field?