ODBC for Mac

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 05:15:02 CDT 2007

On 16-jul-07, at 11:57, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 16/7/07 10:42 AM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Using FileMaker 9 as a frontend and report generator of course  :-)
>
> Hey, better make Valentina Studio with front end better of FM9 :-))

By all means, but I wonder how much longer I can keep my breath :-)

>> Kidding of course, but report generator is  a big feature missing in
>> Valentina for the moment.
>
> Right.
>
> And I think we will get it in 3-4 months.

In the mean time I hoped being able to work with OTR, but it is VERY
quiet on that front....
I would spent serious money (within reason) on a solution that gives
me distributable reporting (like OTR promises)

OTOH I think this functionality is so close to the heart of the
business of selling Valentina that it really should be available from
Valentina DB Inc..

>> A few months back I've been looking into Valentina ODBC to use with
>> Conceptdraw for generating Entity Relationship Diagrams.
>> Because I did not work on Mac , I now use MS Visio to import the
>> table definitions and links through VODBC Win.
>
> TODAY Alex promise commit DIAGRAMS for Valentina Studio.
> So I am waiting to see how good they are. :-)

If I wasn't already holding my breath for a good VStudio, I would
hold my breath for this one....

>> It works better then expected although the driver sometimes misses
>> the correct primary key
>
> Reported into Mantis ?

Hard to tell where the problem lies, so no not reported

Best

Bart
PS: hope you did manage to have a good & real vacation with your
family (can think of anything more important)