Valentina Studio complains and our plans // [V4RB] Studio error message

Danny Lewkin daniel.lewkin at cognosis.be
Mon Jul 16 03:56:11 CDT 2007

Op 15-jul-07, om 23:54 heeft Charles Yeomans het volgende geschreven:

> On Jul 15, 2007, at 3:05 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
>> On 15/7/07 8:23 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi People,
>>
>> Well, after reading all these complains, we decide here, that we
>> need direct
>> efforts of ALL our major Valentina-team developers to polish/test/
>> improve
>> Valentina Studio.
>>
>> So far it seems we have new user of Valentina William, which
>> complains a
>> lots. And somebody else?
>>
>> As I see most other old developers do not say that it crashes each
>> minute
>> :-)
>
> Unfortunately I experienced quite a few crashes with the current
> version of VStudio.  I reported a few yesterday , but none has been
> fixed yet :)

Unfortunately2 : Studio crashes each time here when:

- trying to change some properties of a table, field, link,
objectpointer,...
- trying to run a query that is wrong
- for the moment : when I try to open the SQL editor for a database
on a server on another pc (embedded server)
   When I connect to it (which goes ok), I don't get to see the
databases listed. When I right-click on the server name, and select
'open database', a list shows up, containing all databases on that
server.
   So I select one, en it opens correctly. HOWEVER, the database name
is EMPTY!! And I think this is the reason, when I try to open the SQL
editor, Studio crashes...
Those are the first thing that I can think of, there are probably
some more, but these annoy me the most ;-)
And I know, mea culpe, I didn't put it into mantis yet. But this will
happen today ;-)

Hope to see Studio 3.2 soon ;-))

Greetz,

Danny (Valentina developer since 02/2007)