Valentina Studio complains and our plans // [V4RB] Studio error message

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jul 15 14:05:53 CDT 2007

On 15/7/07 8:23 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi People,

Well, after reading all these complains, we decide here, that we need direct
efforts of ALL our major Valentina-team developers to polish/test/improve
Valentina Studio.

So far it seems we have new user of Valentina William, which complains a
lots. And somebody else?

As I see most other old developers do not say that it crashes each minute
:-)

So I want better understand where and why William have troubles.

> Charles
>
> Did you report that to Mantis (it sounds like you can describe it
> better than me)? I would really like to see some of these problems
> resolved. Especially the ones that make it impossible to do something
> without a crash.

>> This error is Mac OS error -61, /*write permissions error*/.  If you
>> quit VStudio while a local db is open, it will attempt to open it
>> again next time you launch VStudio.  If the db file is already open,
>> then you will get this error when you try to close the db in
>> VStudio.  I've found this behavior of VStudio to be most annoying
>> when working with VServer.

Hmm Charles, this sounds strange.

1) it is RIGHT that if db on disk is opened by Valentina Server, then you
should not try open it by Valentina Studio on OS X.

2) but just QUITE of Vstudio and then start it again and this cause -61 ??
    I have never see and never hear about such trouble
    Please describe steps more detailed.