Can't get VServer example to work...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jul 15 08:56:01 CDT 2007

On 7/7/07 9:01 AM, "Ivan Smahin" <IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> Hello Jeff,
>
> Saturday, July 7, 2007, 7:14:39 AM, you wrote:
>
>> RB for Mac 2007r3 throws an error:
>
>> Parameters are not compatible with this function.
>> Code, App.Run, line 9, connection = New VConnection("mydomain.net",
>> "sa", "sa")
>
> As I get it - you have compilation trouble with only this example?

YES, only this example cause troubles.

Problem because it is made as CONSOLE.
And in latest versions of REALbasic they have make stronger requests for
that.

I already have info from REAL how to fix this issue.
Will try now.

Meanwhile,

Jeff,

In fact almost ANY and ALL examples of V4RB can work as with LOCAL db so
with VSERVER db.

I think you have not read Example Guide which explains this.
Link to Example Guide is on this page
    //www.paradigmasoft.com/en/products/documentation/V4RB

I.e. Examples/Vserver is NOT important to start play with VSERVER and V4RB.