Is Valentina SQL able to concatenate?

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Sat Jul 14 03:27:19 CDT 2007

As I've continually mentioned I execute my due diligence and research
thoroughly before asking.

Again, as written I read that page.

And it DID NOT show a proper example with tables and fields.

I executed the concat against Valentina in many different combinations.

-----Original Message-----
From: valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net
[mailto:valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net] On Behalf Of Thorsten Hohage
Sent: Saturday, 14 July 2007 5:45 PM
To: Valentina Developers
Subject: Re: Is Valentina SQL able to concatenate?

Hi Barry,

On 2007-07-14, at 09:35, Barry G. Sumpter wrote:

> I think that's a hard coded parameter function call not a SQL
> Concatination.
>
> I'm looking for something like this:
>
> SELECT
> CONCAT(tblShops.fldShopNo, " - ", blShops.fldShopName) as ShopName
> FROM tblShops

I didn't get you, IMHO a quick check in VStudio was faster then
writing your email, but "of course" I did it for you and for me

select concat(firstname,', ',lastname	) from oc_contact

runs w/o any issues, so yes, your querry should work, too.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany