SQL Commands for creating Binary Links from Legacy Link values?

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Fri Jul 13 14:02:13 CDT 2007

Hi All,

I've loaded T1 table with legacy data
T1.ShopNo, T1.ShopName, T1.ShopState, T1.RecID (Created by Valentina)

I've ALSO loaded T2 table with legacy data
T2.ShopNo, T2.ReceiptNo, T2.ReceiptItemNo, T2.RecID (Created by Valentina)

There are currently NO Valentina Key links as yet.

There is only the (logical) relationship via the ShopNo Text/String Value.
i.e.  "0001", "0002" etc

There are 10,000 Shops(T1) and 100,000,000(T2) Receipts
i.e. too large to update by hand

Is there a methodology to get the Valentina SQL engine,
i.e. via SQL statements,
to do all the Binary Link work for me?

So far I can index both ShopNo fields and Build a Left out Join Select
statement.

But how do I turn this into a Binary Link via SQL Statements?
i.e. Not just create a physical link using the "CREATE BINARY LINK" command.
     But actually filling the Link records with RecID link values.
     I'm hoping I don't have to write code to loop thru 100,000,000 records.

Thanks,
     Barry G. Sumpter